After reading an IREHR story on anti-gay activist Scott Lively's scheduled appearance at the April 14 Mass Tea Party Coalition event in Boston, former New Mexico Governor Gary Johnson has decided to pull out of the event.
Governor Johnson's communications director, Joe Hunter, emailed IREHR this afternoon, "Having seen your article re the upcoming 'Tea Party' event in Boston, I wanted to let you know that Governor Johnson will NOT be attending. With all due respect to the organizers and their right to invite whomever they wish, he has decided that participating would not be consistent with his strong support for marriage equality and gay rights."
is vice president of IREHR. He coordinates our Seattle office, directs our research efforts, and manages our online communications. He has researched, written, and organized on virtually all facets of contemporary white nationalism since 1992, and is internationally recognized for this effort. Devin is frequently quoted as an expert by print, broadcast, and online media outlets. In 2007, he was awarded a Petra Foundation fellowship. more...
Follow him on twitter: @dburghart
Latest from Devin Burghart
- IREHR's Exposure of the "Confederate Cuban" in Raw Story
- South Carolina Tea Party Coalition Scrubs White Nationalist from Website
- Media Release: IREHR Condemns White Nationalist Scheduled to Speak at South Carolina Tea Party Convention
- White Nationalist Scheduled to Speak at South Carolina Tea Party Coalition Convention
- Zeskind Chapter in Book on the Anglo-American Far Right
Leave a comment
Make sure you enter the (*) required information where indicated.Basic HTML code is allowed.